Saturday 12 July 2014

La Feministe

‘Feminist, someone who believes in the social, political equality of the sexes’, Chimamanda.

Just listened to 'Flawless' by Beyoncé featuring Chimamanda. I knew i had to listen to the full song once I saw the preview video on YouTube, not just because I’m a die-hard fan of Chimamanda but because I’m loving Beyoncé’s new self-titled album.

So back to the matter at hand, Feminists! I actually thought they were a group of sexually frustrated women whom the men in their lives have driven into lesbianism and complete hatred for the male race.  Till I got to realise that men could be feminists, a married woman with children can also be a feminist just like Beyoncé or Chimamanda.

Feminist simply believe that women have the same rights as men, simple isn’t it? People still do believe that feminist can’t be girly or own their sexuality. I believe that a woman can still go to work, pick up the kids and give your husband a lap dance while cooking; God didn’t give us the multitasking gift for nothing. Feminists have evolved over the years, just like the human race. I say this because, once upon a time, black people didn’t have the same rights as white people, they were slaves who were beaten up, molested, raped and even killed by white men. Jews were being killed in the most horrific ways imaginable to mankind and were almost wiped out of existence, entire race and yet we’re here.

I do think that some women are taking the feminist thing a bit too far. I watched two or three episodes of the L word and I asked myself, BUT WHY! It’s was obvious to me that the writers of the TV show are women who had bad relationships with men and have decided to deceive themselves into thinking that they do not need men. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a feminist too, I don’t think I’m an independent woman, I’d just rather call myself an interdependent woman. I don’t believe that men were created to just provide sperm to make children, neither are they as useful as battery powered dildos.

We were created to coexist, to grow together, and to develop. The bible says, “He who finds a wife finds a good thing” and I believe she who finds a husband finds an awesome being. The economic theory, comparative advantage, explains coexistence and interdependence clearly. It refers to the ability of a party to produce a particular good or service at a lower marginal or opportunity cost than another even if one party has absolute advantage, i.e. more efficient in the production of all goods than the other, both parties will still gain by trading with each other, as long as they have different relative efficiencies. So why assume a role you know don’t belong to you simply because the society has assigned that role to you.

Even though we are equal and the same like the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. We are given special gifts, purposes and abilities that would be helpful not just to ourselves but the society at large


So let’s coexist, knowing fully well that our levels of importance are equal, no matter your sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment