Sunday 22 March 2015

Dear Church Folk and Other Seekers



Hi, I don’t know if you remember me, anyway I've been reading your timeline, tweets, snap chats and watching your YouTube videos and it's really interesting that you've come to the point where you've had enough of the 'nonsense'. I've gone through this stage, even though it wasn't extreme and I never label myself as an atheist, I would call myself an open minded seeker. I just had to ask questions. I know you have this urgent need to expose the 'phonies', and call it as it is, but you seem a bit vindictive. It's painful thinking about how the Word of God was used to make us do whatever they wanted, the contradictions, the battle between right and wrong. The guilt, don't get me started on the guilt, the sense of duty versus what actually has to be done, lol. After my moment of self-awareness, I didn't blame religion or anyone, I blamed myself. I still believe in God. But the funny thing about this white supremacy thing is, atheism is kinda like Christianity when we worshiped deities.
I've learnt to keep on seeking and reaching knowing that my relationship with God isn't dependent on any man or institution. P.s, I commend you for your bravery; don't let hate and resentment be the driving force of this journey to self-enlightenment, the joy of self-realization should be your driving force. God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment